Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Classes in Calgary
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) is primarily a grappling sport focusing on positional advantages to control or submit an opponent by way of choke holds and joint locks. Known as the “Gentle Art”, it is by way of using an opponents strength or weight against themselves that this martial arts form get’s it’s name. Thought to be one of the best sports for self-defense, BJJ will teach a person to stay calm in a stressful situation, how best to get out of bad position or defend against a stronger or bigger attacker. For a fantastic way to get active, stay fit and meet new friends we at Elite guarantee you will fall in love with the sport and expand your skills. Our classes are designed for everyone, from beginner to advanced, everyone is welcome.
What to expect at your First Class
• Warm up involving activation of whole body and key muscle groups
• Theory and techniques followed by step by step positional training for offensive and defensive movements
• Controlled flowing drills
• Positional live sparring (no strikes) that promotes the development of muscle memory
Why Should You Join?
We are 100% dedicated to martial arts. You'll always leave our classes feeling proud, strong, happy and excited to keep up with your personal goals. All of our instructors are passionate about what they teach and it will show in their classes. We will share important lessons about discipline, fitness and focus all in a fun and engaging environment. You won't believe the confidence and self-esteem you'll gain while training with us at Elite.
Give us a try and watch yourself grow with our proven martial arts system. You won't be disappointed.
- Convenient weekly schedules
- Improve physical conditioning, strength and mobility
- Learn self defense, patience and discipline
- Increase focus and concentration in all areas of life
- Stress release and new friendships in a welcoming group