Elite Martial Arts FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I need to bring to my first class?
• All you need to bring is yourself, some comfortable gym clothes and maybe a bottle of water! No shoes on the mats please. Please arrive 15 minutes or earlier to fill out paperwork and be given a quick tour of the academy.
Q: What should I wear to my first Muay Thai class?
• Wear shorts or athletic pants and a comfy shirt to workout in. If you have gloves then feel free to bring them! If not we have some to borrow for your free trial and a pro shop stocked with great equipment available for purchase.
Q: What should I wear to my first Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class?
• Wear a comfy workout shirt for under the gi top. Some people wear tight shorts or leggings under the pants but it is not necessary. If you have a gi bring it! If not we have several to borrow for your free trial.
Q: What is my first class going to be like?
• All classes start with a warm up consisting of movements and exercises based around the specific martial arts we teach. These exercises will help get your blood flowing and heart rate up. The warm up is followed by technique and coaching with our qualified instructors that are here to help you learn and enjoy the class from start to finish. Always feel free to ask questions as often as you'd like and never feel intimidated in our class! We were all beginners once and our staff understands and recognizes this.
• Please, no footwear on the mats.
• Always wear clean workout clothes to the gym. Wash your Gis and Muay Thai shorts/shirts after every session.
• Please clean up after yourself. If you use bracing tape or drink sports drinks please dispose of anything you bring into the gym properly.
• Please be on time to all classes. It is difficult to bring an extra person into a class after it's already begun.
• No profanity or vulgarity in the academy. We are a family-oriented academy and we would like you to respect all members.
Still have more questions?
At Elite we're here to serve you from start to finish. We want you to learn the martial arts we're all extremely passionate about while having a fun, rewarding and engaging experience. If you still are unsure or have any other questions please fill out the contact form and someone will be in touch to help you